Basic Wilderness Workshop
Learn how to use a map and a compass to find your way in the woods or anywhere else. Following a training session, participants will carpool to an orienteering site and navigate a route in teams as part of a timed competition.
Note: This workshop will take place off campus. Meet in the The Back Room, UC, to carpool to the site. This workshop will run rain or shine! Please dress appropriately (jacket, raincoat, hiking boots, etc.). Keep in mind that a large part of this workshop will be in the woods!
The presenter for this workshop is Steve Harwood, an Outdoor Recreation Leadership and Management major at NMU.
To register for this workshop, please go to http://www.nmu.edu/studentleaderfellowship/node/50?processtype=parent&action=DisplayWorkshops&phase=phase2&elementid=&subaction=.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Saturday, July 23, 2016
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers 10:00 am
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm