Beaumier Coffee House Series - Bailey & Rusty Hubbs and Dave Cormier
The Beaumier Coffee House Series will continue into the New Year with performances by two talented singer-songwriters from different parts of the Upper Peninsula. The evening will begin with a performance by the Ishpeming teenage sensation, Bailey Hubbs, accompanied by her father Rusty and will conclude with a performance by a veteran singer/musician, Dave Cormier, from Wakefield. The coffee house will begin at 7p.m. on January 4 in the Peter White Lounge of the Don H. Bottom University Center. Admission is free (donations are encouraged).
Bailey Hubbs is still only in high school but has a strong singing voice and is a burgeoning songwriter in her own right. A member of the Wednesday Night Music Club, she regularly performs at venues in Ishpeming and benefits throughout the community. Her father Rusty Hubbs is an accomplished guitarist, singer and songwriter, with three decades of experience performing in blues bands and as a solo artist.
Dave Cormier formed his first band, Westwind, when he was still only a junior high student in Wakefield. That band would stay together through his high school years and after graduating he headed to Minneapolis to continue his music career. Along with some other musicians from Wakefield, he formed the heavy metal band, Toy Jester, which was a Stallworth in the hard rock scene of Minnesota, Wisconsin and the U.P. for many years. He relocated to his home town in the 1990s and has only recently begun to perform again and release his solo recordings.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm