Ore to Shore Bike Marathon
As Marquette's largest mass point-to-point race, riders gear up at the start line in Negaunee where in 1844 iron ore was first discovered in the Superior region. The event consists of two distances, both short and long. The long distance course travels through Ispheming, past remnants of underground mining, then heads up north to the beautiful wooded wilderness, running along the side of Dead River all the way onto Marquette's infamous Lake Superior Shoreline. The shorter races also starts in Negaunee, but immediately turns north and east towards Marquette.
In 2011, the 10 mile Shore Rock was introduced. The Shore Rock offers an entry-level distance for the rider looking to try mountain bike racing, or for kids wanting to expand beyond the Junior Rock. Starting at Lakeview Arena at 8am, the racers will travel towards Tourist Park, and along the last section of the Hard/Soft Rock. The course will circle around and finish back at Lakeview Arena.
For additional information about the race, please visit Ore to Shore.
Most Popular Events
- Saturday, September 24, 2016
- Homecoming Game Day 1:30 pm
- Marquette Climate Walk & Festival 12:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, September 30, 2016
- Family Weekend 1:00 pm