Ore to Shore Bike Marathon
As Marquette's largest mass point-to-point race, riders gear up at the start line in Negaunee where in 1844 iron ore was first discovered in the Superior region. The event consists of two distances, both short and long. The long distance course travels through Ispheming, past remnants of underground mining, then heads up north to the beautiful wooded wilderness, running along the side of Dead River all the way onto Marquette's infamous Lake Superior Shoreline. The shorter races also starts in Negaunee, but immediately turns north and east towards Marquette.
In 2011, the 10 mile Shore Rock was introduced. The Shore Rock offers an entry-level distance for the rider looking to try mountain bike racing, or for kids wanting to expand beyond the Junior Rock. Starting at Lakeview Arena at 8am, the racers will travel towards Tourist Park, and along the last section of the Hard/Soft Rock. The course will circle around and finish back at Lakeview Arena.
For additional information about the race, please visit Ore to Shore.
Most Popular Events
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Come Color With Us! 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Congratulations May graduates - Graduation doesn't mean goodbye! 9:00 am
- NMU Big Dance Party (Rec Sports Zumba Master Class with Blacklights.) Community is invited! 8:30 pm
- Friday, April 28, 2017
- Simply Superior Donut and Beer Pairing 5:30 pm
- Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Camp Michigamme: Walk-In Interviews 9:00 am