Father Roy Bourgeois, founder, School of the Americas Watch
Roy Bourgeois, a priest in the Maryknoll Order, founded the "School of the Americas Watch" in 1990 to expose U.S. foreign policy in Latin America. Roy has traveled extensively in Latin America, meeting with presidents and officials, asking them to withdraw their troops from the school. He was recently invited to the White House.
In 2008, Father Roy participated in a conference on women's ordination to the priesthood. Although threatened with excommunication, he continues to speak across the nation, voicing his opposition to the School of the Americas and his support of women's ordination.
Most Popular Events
- Monday, January 16, 2017
- MLK Day Activities 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am