More than Make-Up: The Art of Drag with JAC Stringer
Every year on April 19th the LGBT+ community is silent in order to remember community members that have been killed, bullied, or committed suicide.
On the 20th we then celebrate Night of Noise, our way to lift up those still with us and to celebrate the strength of our community. JAC Stringer, the Midwest GenderQueer, will be here to help us celebrate and share his art.
JAC will present an interactive lecture discussing drag as we know it today; the history the gender performance, the culture surrounding it, where the community is now and what the future may hold. Drag "how-to" and then a performance piece.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, December 28, 2016
- NMU Hockey vs. Cornell Post-Game Reception 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 08, 2017
- Summer Employment Fair 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Winter Semester Job Fair 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Winter Professional Development Day: Writing Retreat 9:00 am
- Saturday, December 10, 2016
- Commencement Ceremony 10:30 am