More than Make-Up: The Art of Drag with JAC Stringer
Every year on April 19th the LGBT+ community is silent in order to remember community members that have been killed, bullied, or committed suicide.
On the 20th we then celebrate Night of Noise, our way to lift up those still with us and to celebrate the strength of our community. JAC Stringer, the Midwest GenderQueer, will be here to help us celebrate and share his art.
JAC will present an interactive lecture discussing drag as we know it today; the history the gender performance, the culture surrounding it, where the community is now and what the future may hold. Drag "how-to" and then a performance piece.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Film Screening: 'FIGHT CLUB' 9:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am