Black History Month: Ta-Nehisi Coates, Ilyasah Shabazz
Ta-Nehisi Coates, author of "The Beautiful Struggle" and editor of The Atlantic Monthly Magazine, will discuss what it means to be Black and the future of Black culture in America.
Ilyasah Shabazz, daughter of civil rights activist Malcolm X, will talk about her memoir, "Growing Up X," the legacy of Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz, and the lessons she learned personally from the values instilled by her parents.
This event is sponsored by Platform Personalities, Black Student Union, and the Student Activity Fee.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, December 02, 2015
- Presentation on South Korea History and Culture 4:00 pm
- 28th Annual Lighting Up the Holidays at NMU 5:00 pm
- Friday, December 04, 2015
- Beaumier Coffee House Series: Claudia Schmidt 7:30 pm
- Thursday, December 03, 2015
- Celebration of Excellence in Teaching & Scholarship 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 01, 2015
- Senior Recital (tent.) 7:30 pm