Black History Month: Ta-Nehisi Coates, Ilyasah Shabazz
Ta-Nehisi Coates, author of "The Beautiful Struggle" and editor of The Atlantic Monthly Magazine, will discuss what it means to be Black and the future of Black culture in America.
Ilyasah Shabazz, daughter of civil rights activist Malcolm X, will talk about her memoir, "Growing Up X," the legacy of Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz, and the lessons she learned personally from the values instilled by her parents.
This event is sponsored by Platform Personalities, Black Student Union, and the Student Activity Fee.
Most Popular Events
- Sunday, February 19, 2017
- Marquette City Band Winter Concert 'Winter Carnival' 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Gender Fair 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- Job Fair Prep 2:00 pm
- Sunday, March 05, 2017
- Vintage Ski Day 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- University of Michgian-Flint: Information Table 11:00 am