Black History Month: Ta-Nehisi Coates, Ilyasah Shabazz
Ta-Nehisi Coates, author of "The Beautiful Struggle" and editor of The Atlantic Monthly Magazine, will discuss what it means to be Black and the future of Black culture in America.
Ilyasah Shabazz, daughter of civil rights activist Malcolm X, will talk about her memoir, "Growing Up X," the legacy of Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz, and the lessons she learned personally from the values instilled by her parents.
This event is sponsored by Platform Personalities, Black Student Union, and the Student Activity Fee.
Most Popular Events
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- A Scandinavian Dinner 6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 05, 2016
- NMU Retirees Association Spring Social 10:00 am
- Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Moose on the Loose Family Fun Run and 5K 9:30 am
- Saturday, April 30, 2016
- Commencement Ceremony 10:30 am
- Saturday, May 07, 2016
- River Valley Hope Starts Here Challenge 7:00 am