Black History Month: Ta-Nehisi Coates, Ilyasah Shabazz
Ta-Nehisi Coates, author of "The Beautiful Struggle" and editor of The Atlantic Monthly Magazine, will discuss what it means to be Black and the future of Black culture in America.
Ilyasah Shabazz, daughter of civil rights activist Malcolm X, will talk about her memoir, "Growing Up X," the legacy of Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz, and the lessons she learned personally from the values instilled by her parents.
This event is sponsored by Platform Personalities, Black Student Union, and the Student Activity Fee.
Most Popular Events
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Come Color With Us! 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Congratulations May graduates - Graduation doesn't mean goodbye! 9:00 am
- NMU Big Dance Party (Rec Sports Zumba Master Class with Blacklights.) Community is invited! 8:30 pm
- Friday, April 28, 2017
- Simply Superior Donut and Beer Pairing 5:30 pm
- Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Camp Michigamme: Walk-In Interviews 9:00 am