Welcome to Academic Information Services. The five units in AIS are committed to working together to provide information and technology resources and support that you need to succeed at Northern Michigan University.
Academic Information Services supports teaching, learning, scholarship, and community outreach activities by providing information resources, access to educational technology, and instructional services to help students and employees acquire information and technology skills that contribute to lifelong learning and productive citizenship.
- The Beaumier Heritage Center, a historical museum and educational facility, promotes and preserves the history and culture of the Upper Peninsula through exhibitions and public programs.
- The Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives houses unpublished organizational records and personal papers that document the history of Northern Michigan University and the central Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
- The Computing HelpDesk supports NMU network connections, network services, and NMU issued software and computers.
- Instructional Design and Technology offers support to faculty for integrating various technologies into the teaching, learning, and research processes. IDT includes the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and classroom support from the main office (LRC 112).
- Lydia M. Olson Library helps people find and use information, teaches information literacy courses, provides information resources in many formats, and offers a place to study and collaborate.
I encourage you to take advantage of all that AIS has to offer. We work hard to create an environment that serves your needs. Please let us know how we’re doing and how we can continue to improve. Your feedback is very important.
Dean, Academic Information Services
News and Events
Join the Beaumier Center and Checker tours for this once in a lifetime heritage tour of Québec and Ontario, September 19-28, 2015. Find more information here.