The Employee Wellness Committee will be hiring a Graduate Assistant to start in the Fall 2020 semester. Use the information below to apply.
Graduate Assistant: Employee Wellness Coordinator
Plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate wellness programs and services for NMU faculty/staff under the direction of the Chair of the Employee Wellness Committee.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and coordinate wellness programs and services for faculty/staff incorporating the multiple dimensions of wellness.
- Facilitate wellness events and programs, such as informational presentations
, the Employee Wellness Booth for the Wildcat Wellness Health Fair and incentive programs for faculty/staff.
- Recommend new program or service offerings to promote wellness.
- Record and report attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
- Maintain social media accounts as well as employee wellness website
- Develop and distribute monthly Employee Wellness Newsletters.
- Assist with the development of educational materials, including brochures
, bulletin boards,newsletters and select electronic media.
- Conduct or facilitate training sessions or seminars for faculty/staff.
- Respond to faculty/staff inquiring about wellness information, programs, or services.
- Conduct surveys of faculty/staff to determine interest in, or satisfaction with wellness programs, events, or services.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote healthy lifestyles and participation in wellness programs.
- Participate in monthly Committee meetings: develop and distribute meeting agenda, take meeting n
otes, and distribute meeting minutes.
- Collaborate with other departments and representatives to provide collaborative wellness programs.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a health related field.
- Accepted into a graduate program at Northern Michigan Universit
- G.P.A. of 3.0 or better.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with common software applications (Word, Excel, etc.), social media and website maintenance.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in wellness programming including physical or biometric screening, group exercise or similar fitness and wellness related initiatives.
- Credible nationally recognized health-related certification(s).
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification or CPR/AED First Aid Instructor certification.
- Interest and desire in actively promoting health and fitness education, employee wellness and pursuing a career in any of these related fields.
Application Process: Applications due by April 23, 2020
Prior to applying for the Employee Wellness Coordinator graduate assistant position, the applicant must:
- Have completed all application processes with the NMU Office of Graduate Studies.
- Be enrolled in or pursuing a graduate degree or certification program with regular status; and
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress to be eligible for both the Graduate Assistantship, and for the tuition scholarship.
- Upon acceptance to the graduate studies program, the applicant must:
- Submit a cover letter, resume and/or curriculum vitae.
- Submit three professional references.
- Submit any copies of nationally recognized certifications.
Once appointed, the graduate assistant must:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six credits for part-time and eight credits for full-time graduate status relevant to the declared program of study during the fall and winter semesters, but no more than ten credits;
- Maintain an overall graduate grade point average of at least 3.0;
- Meet the qualifications of the particular assignment; and
- Satisfactorily perform the duties assigned as evaluated by the faculty/supervisor.
Stipend of $9,300, tuition waiver (up to 16 hours per academic year but no more than 10 hours in any one semester) the Student Activity Fee and the University Fee.
20 hours per week. GA position follows the same academic year schedule as faculty
Submit required materials via NMU Handshake or by emailing Katie Moe, Employee Wellness Committee Co-Chair at email@example.com
To contact the NMU Wellness Committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Business Hours
University business hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. during the fall and winter semesters (mid-August through early May) and Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. during the summer (early May through mid-August). Northern Michigan University is located in the Eastern time zone.
The NMU Wellness Committee GA office is located on the first floor of the PEIF building in the Recreational Sports conference room.
NMU Wellness Committee
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855