Investing in Your Future
Achieving your dream to go away to college may seem like a difficult task. Northern Michigan University is committed to providing a top-quality academic experience at a competitive price.
- $13,000 Average annual package
- 93% of first-year students receive financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans)
- The friendly folks in our Financial Aid Office are happy to help you fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) every year, and answer any questions you have about paying for college.
- $1,000 TO $5,000 Automatically awarded based on merit
- $1,000 TO FULL RIDE! Presidential Scholars Competition
- $5,600 For non-Michigan residents with a 2.75 HS GPA, 21 ACT/1060 SAT, automatically awarded
See more at nmu.edu/scholarships.
With over 170 programs, NMU has something to offer almost everyone, and with an average student to teacher ratio of 20 to 1, you’re teacher is going to know you by name. The university also provides a technology package that ensures all full-time students are issued a ThinkPad™ (or MacBookPro™ for art majors) notebook computer loaded with software to further promote a successful education.
Learn more about NMU academics at the Admissions website.
Like Lake Superior’s vastness, there is depth and breadth to Northern’s wide range of academic, research and scholarship programs. We strive to ensure that every student leaves here knowing they got the best value education has to offer.