This section highlights past and upcoming programs that correspond to a specific region of the Upper Peninsula. Through various partnership capacities, UP-AHEC aims to increase opportunities to introduce health career opportunities to students, provide health profession students trainings, and offer continuing education credits through educational programs.
Types of programs:
- Pipeline - provides a series of experiences and activities for kindergarten through 12th graders interested in pursuing a health career.
- Large scale one-day showcases that bring together a number of health care professionals
- Customized programs and workshops in schools and communities
- Health Career Clubs
- Summer Health Career Camps
- Community-Based Student Education (CBSEs) - regional centers identify the number of students and types of training programs in each health professional school, assess site capacities, and assist in identifying clinic readiness and community engagement plans.
- Continuing Education (CE) - support health professionals by identifying CE needs and connect clinicians to program material via distance technology and assist communities and clinics with retention of primary care providers.
- College/university courses