Technology and Occupational Sciences
Many classes in your major will be held in the Jacobetti Complex, which could be the definition of “hands-on” learning, with more than 20 specialized laboratories and classrooms, many of which are authentic recreations of real-world businesses and shops. This state-of-the-art facility includes labs with airplanes, helicopters, auto service bays, HVACR equipment, industrial maintenance machinery, construction materials and tools, cosmetology stations, and professional kitchens. When you graduate, you’ll be well acquainted with the equipment, tools and skills you’ll need to succeed.
These are continuously in-demand fields. Our electrical line technician program was created at the request of regional utility companies in dire need of workers. And students in aviation maintenance might work at Envoy Airlines while they earn their degree.
- Automotive Service Technology - Associate of Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Building Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Climate Control Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Hospitality Management - Associate of Applied Science
- Industrial Maintenance Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Automotive Maintenance Certificate
- Automotive Service Certificate
- Aviation Maintenance Technology Certificate
- Cosmetology Certificate
- Cosmetology Instructor Certificate
- Electrical Line Technician Certificate
- Esthetics Certificate
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Certificate
- Industrial Maintenance Certificate
- Manicure Certificate
- Manufacturing Production Technician Certificate
- Welding Certificate
Technical and Occupational Sciences Department•email@example.com•906-227-2190If you have college credit and want to find out what will transfer to NMU, please visit www.nmu.edu/transfercredit.