Short-term commitment. In just one semester, gain a competitive advantage over other applicants starting out in the manufacturing field.
- Industry supported. Many MPT sponsors offer guaranteed job interviews, tuition reimbursement packages, and/or part-time employment while enrolled.
- Scholarships available. $1000 scholarships available to qualifying students.
Industry driven. All credits are directly transferrable into an associate's or bachelor's degree, giving you complete control over where your education takes you.
Easy to apply. Only a high school diploma/GED is required.
Manufacturing remains at the heart of the Midwest economy. Gain the skills and education needed to succeed in today’s competitive manufacturing industry through the one semester MPT program. Graduates of this program will have the skills they need to start an exciting and profitable career.
Projected Job Growth
Upon completion of the MPT program, you will have the skills and education that manufacturing companies want in an employee. Gain a strong foundation in:
- The manufacturing process and the basic operation of equipment commonly used in manufacturing settings.
- Work concepts such as time management, work ethic and attitude, team building and problem solving.
- Blueprint reading.
- How to use precision measuring tools and equipment.
- Occupational safety in an industrial setting.
Courses you'll take (16 total credits)
IM 195A: Contemporary Work Concepts (3 cr.)
IM 195B: Occupational Safety (online) (2 cr.)
IM 105: Applied Technical Mathematics (4 cr.)
IT 180: Introduction to Fluid Power (3 cr.)
MF 134: Manufacturing Process (4 cr.)
These companies are proud supporters of the MPT program.
For more information, please contact
John Centko, Department Head
Technology and Occupational Sciences
906-227-2190 | email@example.com