Contacts and Resources That Can Help
State Sexual Assault Hotline
- 24 Hour, Confidential Sexual Assault Hotline, 1-855-VOICES4
NMU Police Department, 100 Services Building, Marquette, MI, 906-227-2151
Michigan State Police – Negaunee, 180 U.S. Highway 41 South, Negaunee, MI, 906-475-9922
Marquette City Police, 300 West Baraga Avenue, Marquette, MI, 906-228-0400
Marquette County Sheriff, 236 West Baraga Avenue, Marquette, MI, 906-228-8435
Nationwide Listing of Police Contact Information: A national wide listing of police and sheriff departments by state is located at www.policelocator.com.
Confidential Campus Resources
There are confidential resources at Northern Michigan University that can provide you with support while allowing you the time and space you need to process what has happened. Confidential resources can provide you with information about your options and available resources, and are exempt from required reporting.
- NMU Counseling and Consultation Services, 3405 C.B. Hedgcock, 906-227-2980
- University Health Center, Gries Hall, ground floor, 906-227-2355
Other Campus Resources
- Dean of Students, 2001 C.B. Hedgcock, 906-227-1700
- Housing and Residence Life staff, including resident directors and resident advisors
- NMU Public Safety, 100 Services Building, phone 906-227-2151
- Title IX Coordinator, 105 Cohodas Hall, 906-227-2420
- Women’s Center, 1310 S. Front Street, Marquette, MI 49855, 906-225-1346 or Emergency Hotline: 226-6611 or 1-800-455-6611 (24/7 crisis line)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (24/7), www.rainn.org
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- UP Health Systems – Marquette, 580 W. College Avenue, Marquette, MI 49855, 905-228-9440
- UP Health Systems – (Bell) Ishpeming, 901 Lakeshore Drive, Ishpeming, MI 49849, 906-486-4431
To locate additional information and resources in your area, visit: www.notalone.gov/resources
- "A Resource Handbook for Campus Sexual Assault Survivors, Friends, and Family." (published 2018), Office of the Governor, in conjunction with the First Lady of Michigan.
- Advocacy Resource Center (ARC), Sault St. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians ARC serving Chippewa, Mackinac, Luce, Schoolcraft, Delta, Alger and Marquette Counties
- Center for Changing Our Campus Culture
- It's On Us - To Stop Sexual Assault.
- Know Your Title IX: - Empowering students to stop sexual violence.
- Let's End Campus Sexual Assault
- Love is Respect - Empowering youth to prevent and end dating abuse.
- Michigan Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence (MCEDSV)
- NCAA: Violence Prevention
- NMU’s Annual Security Report
- Not Alone - Together Against Sexual Assault - Official website of the United States Government.
- Office for Civil Rights
- Public Health Resources Sexual Abuse – Connects patients, students and professionals to the latest and most useful healthcare information and resources.
- Resource Center for Institutions of Higher Education
- Sexual Assault: Awareness and Recovery for Students
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Supporting the Academic Success of Pregnant and Parenting Students
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline - The hotline provides live help for individuals of sexual assault and their friends and families.
- The Pregnant Scholar – An online toolkit for university students, faculty, and administrators on pregnancy and parenting students.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Title IX information – The history of Title IX