Apply to be an EcoRep!
NMU EcoReps is accepting applications for the Fall 2019 ‐Spring 2020 term! See the information and application form below.
EcoReps is a student sustainability peer-to-peer education program. It is designed to give students the resources and knowledge to solve environmental, economic and social sustainability issues. Reps function as the student branch of the Sustainability Advisory Council, and work together to organize campus-wide programming, carry out collaborative projects, represent the program at various campus events and encourage responsible behaviors in their peers. In addition, Reps will attend meetings and seminars to learn about specific aspects of sustainability at NMU and in the greater community. Reps will be introduced to new topics, help plan activities and implement actions that will improve sustainability on campus and in the community.
What You Will Gain
- Professional development, leadership and peer education skills
- Experience with program design and implementation
- Knowledge of environmental, economic, and social topics
- The experience of working with other passionate students
What We Are Looking For
- Effective communication skills online and in person
- Ability to work creatively, independently, and collaboratively
- Ability to see projects through to completion in a timely manner
- Ability to learn information about sustainability topics and relay that information to peers
- Enthusiastic, engaging individuals who are passionate about environmental and social issues
- 2.3 GPA
- Current NMU student with at least 1 academic year remaining
- Ability to commit 2-4 hours a week, which includes events, meetings, collaborative projects, and seminars.
- Ability to attend Fall Training (Friday, August 23 and Saturday, August 24), mandatory seminars (5 per semester) and bi-weekly planning meetings. Please note that if you are unable to attend the Fall Training we may not be able to accept your application.
- Attend welcome meeting Friday, April 19 at 3 PM unless otherwise excused.
Applications are due by Friday, March 31 by midnight. Email in a PDF format to email@example.com with “[First & Last Name] 2019 Application” in the subject line. Please only submit one document (general information and short answer responses)
Student Coordinators and faculty from the Sustainability Advisory Council will review materials. Applicants will receive a decision by April 12 via email.