NMU Student Announcements have moved to the Student Connect system. Student Connect is home for student announcements, campus news, events, and volunteer opportunities. Student Connect was created in partnership with ASNMU, The Center for Student Enrichment, and the Dean of Students Office.
- Student Connect — Here you can view and submit announcements and events.
- Student Organization Management — Use this interface to control who can post announcements for your student organization.
- University Calendar — Anyone with a NMU user ID can post events to the calendar and they will show up on both the calendar and Student Connect.
Student announcements submitted via Student Connect will be reviewed by the Dean of Students Office. Submissions are reviewed during business hours, Monday through Friday. Within one business day, you will receive an e-mail notification that your submission was either approved for posting or rejected along with a reason for the rejection. If you do not receive a receipt of your submission within one business day, you should contact the Dean of Students Office at 227-1700.
Events submitted to Student Connect will be reviewed by the Center for Student Enrichment (CSE). Submissions are reviewed during business hours, Monday through Friday. Anyone with a valid NMU user ID can submit an event. Only events approved by the CSE will be posted in Student Connect.
Student Connect Distribution
Student Connect will be distributed using the following schedule:
- Monday & Thursday: Student Connect Events are e-mailed to all students and all mailing list subscribers.
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: Student Connect Announcements are e-mailed to all students and all mailing list subscribers
Subscribe to Student Connect
All currently-enrolled students are automatically subscribed to Student Connect and will remain subscribed as long as they are enrolled in classes.
Faculty, staff, parents and community members can subscribe to Student Connect by using the NMU Listserve. Simply click on the subscribe link and enter the e-mail address you would like to receive Student Connect at. You can unsubscribe from Student Connect on the same page by clicking on the unsubscribe link or by following the link included in the Student Connect e-mail.
If you're receiving two copies of Student Connect this means that you signed up to receive Student Connect while also being a currently-enrolled student. All currently-enrolled students are automatically subscribed to Student Connect and will remain subscribed as long as they are enrolled in classes. If you wish to stop receiving a second copy of Student Connect, go to the NMU Listserve and click the unsubscribe link.