The NMU Recreational Sports department can help you explore the natural environment of Marquette and the Upper Peninsula with equipment from the Wildcat Fit Zone. Rental items available include snowshoes, cross country ski, and fat tire bikes. The rental center is located in the Wildcat Fit Zone, between Magers/Meyland and Hunt/Van Antwerp hall. Fit Zone equipment rentals are for students only with a student ID!
Fit Zone Winter Equipment Rental Hours
**Hours below are effective March 16th until further notice**
**In the event NMU closes for a snowday, rentals will be from 11am-3pm
The renter is responsible for equipment that is lost, stolen, or damaged and will be required to make financial restitution accordingly. The original renter must return equipment, unless prior arrangements with the rental center staff have been made. Late fees or cleaning fees may apply.
- Late fees: Fees will be equivalent to the daily rate. If not returned after three business days, a full replacement of the item may be required.
- Cleaning fees: Fees may range from $5-$25 depending on severity.
- Reservations will not be taken for free student rentals.
- Free student rentals on cross country skis and snowshoes must be returned within 24 hours from the time of the rental. Please plan accordingly with our hours of operation.
- Other guidelines/restrictions can be found HERE.
- Fat Tire bikes shall be returned by when the Fit Zone closes.
|Cross Country Skis||Free with student ID||24 hours from time of rental|
|Cross Country Ski Poles||Free with student ID||24 hours from time of rental|
|Cross Country Ski Boots||Free with student ID||24 hours from time of rental|
|Snowshoes||Free with student ID||24 hours from time of rental|
|Fat Tire Bikes||Free with student ID||Return same day of rental during Fit Zone hours|
|Cat Cleats||Free with student ID||1-3 day rental|
Cost: Free for current NMU students w/ student ID.
Length of rental: For the day. Must be returned by close.
**Not available for non-NMU students**
Additional Information & Local Trails: Go to NMU/NTN Trail Access.