Motor Vehicle Registration

CarsNorthern Michigan University requires motor vehicles – cars, trucks, motorcycles, motor scooters, motorbikes, mopeds, etc. – as well as bicycles to be registered for use on the NMU campus.

To register, go to Parking Services, a unit of NMU’s Police Department, located in the Services Building on Sugarloaf Avenue (see campus map).  It is open during the university’s regular business hours, which during the academic year are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (EST) and from 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. during the summer (May to mid-August).

When you register your vehicle, you will receive a window tag or sticker that must be permanently displayed.  If the registration decal is not displayed, you may be cited for parking on campus, even if you have registered your vehicle.

Here are the resources you will need to learn more about parking on campus.