The New Student Orientation Program will be implemented virtually for all Winter 2021 sessions. Check out the links below for more information.
First Year Students
- All Winter 2021 sessions be held virtually via Zoom with an Orientation Staff Assistant (current NMU student)
- First Year Student sessions will take place in January. These dates are coming soon!
Transfer Students - Must have 12 post-high school college credits.
- Students are only considered to be a "Transfer Student" if they have earned 12 post-high school college credits.
- College credits received during high school do not count towards this classification.
- There will be two options for incoming transfer student orientation sessions:
- Option 1 - An online self-paced module that will be available in mid-October
- Option 2 - Attend a group Zoom session with an Orientation Staff Assistant in early January (current NMU student)
Global Campus Students
- The online session is self-paced and will be available in mid-October.
*If you are concerned about having to access the internet to complete orientation, please give us a call at 906-227-1707 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need to complete Orientation for the Fall 2020 semester? Students are still able to sign up for our August Fall Make-Up session(s), Transfer Online and Global Campus Online. Click here for information regarding student orientation:
Parent and guest orientation will also take place virtually. For links and orientation content, click here:
New Student Orientation Program•906-227-1707•800-682-9797•email@example.comOur office staff are working from home, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, to assist you with any orientation questions.