The Leadership Recognition Banquet has become a very special occasion and tradition at Northern Michigan University. The Leadership Recognition Banquet is an opportunity to recognize students, advisers, and student organizations for their contributions to the campus community. It occurs every April with over 500 student leaders and their advisers in attendance. Winners of six special awards for student organizations are honored at the Leadership Recognition Banquet.
- Diversity Event/Project of the Year Award: Recognizes an outstanding effort by a student organization to promote an appreciation of diversity.
- Community Service Award: Recognizes the organization that has demonstrated the highest degree of volunteer service contributions to the surrounding Upper Peninsula communities during the academic year.
- Event of the Year: Designed to recognize an outstanding effort by an organization to plan, implement, and promote a single project or event during the year.
- Project of the Year: Recognizes an outstanding effort by an organization to plan and implement a project that benefited the campus and/or community during this past year.
- Organizations of the Year (2): Recognize two outstanding organizations that have demonstrated unity in their membership and have achieved success in accomplishing their goals.
Special Note: Show off your student organization at the Leadership Recognition Banquet by submitting photos of your group in action throughout the year! Student organization photos will be displayed during the banquet’s slide show, which is a highlight of the event. Your photo(s) can be sent anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization of the Year (General)
Recognizes an outstanding student group that has built a solid organization and has achieved success in accomplishing its goals.
Organization of the Year (University Funded)
Community Service Award
|Program/Event of the Year
Recognizes an outstanding effort by an organization to plan, promote, and implement a single program or event during the year.
|Project of the Year
Recognizes an outstanding effort by an organization to plan and implement a project that benefited the campus and/or community during this past year.
|Diversity Project/Event of the Year
Recognizes an outstanding effort by a student organization to plan, promote, and implement a single project or event during the year that promoted the understanding, appreciation, and embracing diversity.
|Adviser of the Year
Recognizes an individual who has done an outstanding job in her/her role as an adviser to a student organization.