2018 NMU School of Nursing Simulation Lab Mission Statement
2018 NMU School of Nursing Vision Statement:
The NMU School of Nursing will be recognized for providing an innovative curriculum that graduates compassionate nurses who communicate effectively, make evidence based decisions, and advocate for superior healthcare in local, and global communities. Faculty and graduates will be respected nurse clinicians, educators, and scholars who are dedicated to lifelong learning and advancement of the profession.
NMU School of Nursing Simulation Lab Mission:
The NMU School of Nursing Simulation Lab will provide educational experiences that assist students in learning to provide safe and competent healthcare to diverse and ever changing populations.
Strategic Goals for the simulation Lab
- Cultivate a learning environment that is collegial, individualized and innovative.
- Provide experiential educational experiences that allow students to learn and practice critical thinking, skill attainment and communication with patients, families and the healthcare team.
- Increase awareness of patient safety in the healthcare environment.
- Incorporate best practices and standards of simulation across the curriculum.
- Encourage and support faculty and student research in the area of healthcare simulation.
- Evaluate simulation and educational strategies for effectiveness and student achievement of learning outcomes.
- Disseminate research findings to healthcare professionals at the local, regional and national level.
- Teach and foster interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Encourage and provide educational experiences in simulation to local and regional healthcare providers.