Total Headcount (Fall 2018): 7,595
Student Profile (Fall 2018):
- Undergraduate 7,089, Graduate 506
- Men 43.3%, Women 56.7%
- Full-time undergrad 87.2%
- New Transfer students 488
- Students from out of state 19.7%
- You can also view information about NMU's students broken down by region, race, age, degree program, etc. in the common data set or the interactive reporting website.
- Full-time instructional faculty: 301
- Part-time instructional faculty: 212
- Many have earned national recognition for research, writing, art and consulting work
- Average student-faculty ratio of 20:1
Total Number of NMU Employees: 1,150
Total Living Alumni: 70,938
Board of Trustees
Members of the board are appointed by the governor to serve staggered eight-year terms. NMU's president serves as ex officio without vote.
Fritz J. Erickson is NMU's 15th president.