The NMU community values the scholarship and research activities of faculty and students.  Support and guidance for research activities is coordinated through Academic Affairs by the Grants and Research Office in conjunction with your own academic department. Funding may come from several sources.

  • Professional development funds are available to full-time faculty who are members of the AAUP and NMUFA bargaining units via contractual agreement. Support funds are also provided to contingent/adjunct faculty and graduate teaching assistants under certain circumstances. Consult your department regarding funding requests and availability.
  • Internal grants are available to support research, scholarship, and creative works. Internal grants and the application deadlines can be found at the Grants and Research website.
  • External grants are encouraged and support is available to help identify and prepare grant applications. The Grants and Research Office coordinates this support.