2019 Homecoming Information
The NMU Marching Band Alumni Reunion takes place on Friday and Saturday during Homecoming weekend, September 20 and 21. On-line registration is closed but anyone still wishing to participate can contact Leah Elenbaas or Steve Grugin directly and will be placed on a "standby/alternate list.
- 5:30 pm Friday - Homecoming Parade
- 6:30-9:00 pm Friday – Band alumni meet and greet at the Ore Dock Brewing Company. Please bring your dinner and meet other alumni and their families. Food is not available at the Ore Dock but you are welcome to bring your own, or order food to be delivered there. Children welcome until 9pm.
- 11:00am Saturday – Homecoming Community Tailgating
- 1:00 pm Saturday Kick-off! - Football Wildcats vs. Davenport
- Saturday Postgame – 5th Quarter Reception at the Holiday Inn - This event is organized by the NMU Alumni Association and includes hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar.
Alumni Band Playing Events
- 5:00 pm Friday - Homecoming Parade begins behind Superior Dome (optional)
- 8:00 am Saturday - Rehearsal in Superior Dome with the Wildcat Band (required)
- 12:00 pm Saturday- Play for Homecoming Community Tailgating
- 12:30 pm Line-up for pre-game show in the Superior Dome
- 1:00 pm Kick-off followed by combined half-time show
We have made the effort to pick out a uniform that is comfortable and durable for both future Alumni Band events and general wear. It consists of a green polo shirt with gold embroidery worn with black pants and black shoes. The cost of the shirt is $30.00 (add $2 for tall or XXL and up). The shirt must be ordered in advance. If you purchased a shirt from any previous alumni band event you can wear the same shirt this year. Each band member will supply his/her own black pants, black socks, and black shoes. There is also a nice jacket available with the same embroidery as the polo shirt with an optional addition of your name or instrument (the jacket is optional but it would be nice attire for the homecoming parade). The cost of the jacket is $53.00 (add $9 if you would like a personalized name).
Instruments and Flag Equipment
There are a limited number of university-owned instruments available. Flags and poles will also be available. It is very important that you indicate whether you will need an instrument for the weekend on the registration form.
Drum Majors / Feature Twirlers
If you are interested in being a drum major or a twirler for the game please mark that along with an instrument (if any) preference on the registration form.
Football Game Tickets
Tickets for those marching/playing on Saturday are not necessary. Others, however, (including family members) will need tickets. Discounted tickets can be purchased through the NMU Ticket Office website at $4 each. Use the Promo code: NMUBAND to order up to 4 discounted tickets. https://nmu.universitytickets.com/ Children ages 6 and under are free.
Many of the hotels in the area are already filling for both homecoming and other events of the weekend. We urge you to make your reservations as soon as possible.
- Holiday Inn Marquette (906) 225-1351
- Marquette Ramada (906) 629-6887
- Marquette Comfort Suites (906) 228-0028
- Econo Lodge Marquette (906) 225-1305
- Ishpeming Best Western Country Inn (906) 485-6345
- Jasper Ridge Inn (Ishpeming) Best Western (906) 485-2378
- My Place Hotel (906) 232-1111
- Quality Inn (906) 228-8100
- The Landmark Inn (906) 228-2580
- Days Inn Marquette (906) 451-5818
- Country Inn and Suites (906) 225-1300
- America’s Best Value Inn (Harvey) (906) 249-1712
- Brentwood Motor Inn (906) 228-7494
- Cedar Motor Inn (906) 228-2280
- Value Host Motor Inn Marquette (906) 225-5000
- Birchmont Motel Marquette (906) 228-7538
- Hampton Inn (906) 228-6001
- Staybridge Suites (906) 225-9901
Registration Form / Fee
Since the Alumni Band will perform in both pre-game and halftime shows it is imperative that we receive your Registration Form by the August 30 deadline. You will be assigned specific individual positions on the field and drill charts and music will be mailed to you in advance! Only those who register will receive this information. The $20 registration fee is to cover costs of mailings and copies along with other miscellaneous expenses.
For further information please contact:
You can also visit the “The Pride” – NMU Wildcat Marching Band Alumni page on Facebook for updated information.