Summer 2015 McNair Research and Scholarly Projects
This summer '15 McNair Scholars will undertake major research projects overseen by faculty mentors.
- Faculty Mentor - Jessica Thompson, Communication and Media Studies
- Project: "Communicating About Conservation: Who Is a Trustworthy Messenger?"
- Faculty Mentors - James Strain, Music
- Project - Assessing Tonal Characteristics of Timpani Heads and Mallets
- Faculty Mentor - Sheila Burns, Psychology
- Project - "Locus of Control Interaction by Visual and Audio Intervention"
- Faculty Mentor - Alan Rebertus, Biology
- Project - "Post-fire Regeneration of the 2000 Lightening Induced Fire at Porcupine Wildernesses State Park, Ontonagon, Michigan"
- Faculty Mentor - Erich Ottem, Biology
- Project - "Determination of Motor Neuron Retrograde Transport Function in Mice Lacking Muscle-Synethesized Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor"
- Faculty Mentor - Josh Sharp, Biology
- Project - "Rapid Identification of Staphylococcus by Immunomagnetic Capture and Laser Light Scattering"
- Faculty Mentor - Jill Leonard, Biology
- Project - "Competitive Interactions Between Mottled Sculpin and Round Gobies"
- Faculty Mentor - Scott Drum, Health and Human Performance
- Project - "Using Intermittent Normobaric Hypoxia to Enhance Sea Level Running Performance"