Who is eligible?
An easy way to determine if you're eligible is to take our survey.
Students must meet at least ONE of the following two requirements:
- A low income and first generation college student,
- From an underrepresented ethnic/racial minority group (Native American, African American, Asia Pacific Islander, or Hispanic or Latinx)
Other eligibility requirements include:
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency;
- Full-time undergraduate student status at Northern Michigan University;
- Interest in entering a Ph.D. doctoral program;
- Successful completion of at least 40 credit hours by the end of the fall semester with a 2.75 overall grade point average; and
- Commitment to completing a research internship.