Who is eligible for the McNair Scholars Program? Take the Survey
- Students can be eligible in two different ways: 1.) By being a first generation college student (neither parent has earned a four year college degree) and considered to have financial need according to Federal TRIO Program Low Income Levels. OR 2.) Students who are members of an underrepresented minority group: Native American, African American, Asia Pacific Islander, or Hispanic or Latinx.
Other eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency;
- Full-time undergraduate student status at Northern Michigan University;
- Interest in entering a Ph.D. doctoral program;
- Successful completion of at least 40 credit hours by the end of the fall semester with a 2.75 overall grade point average; and
- Commitment to completing a research internship.
Click here to take the eligibility survey to help find out if you're eligible.
Interested in learning more about the McNair program and eligibility requirements? Take a moment to read over our Frequently Asked Questions or feel free to stop by our office at 401 Cohodas with Graduate Education and Research.