The McNair program accepts applications from students each fall semester. Selected students begin the program the following winter semester.
Eligible students who would like to apply to the program should stop by the McNair office and speak with a staff member.
Complete Your Application:
- Fill out the application, including essays.
- Verify Your Income and *Deliver to McNair office
- Income documentation can be either:
1. A signed copy of your parent’s most recent tax return or tax transcript or
2. A signed copy of your student aid report from the FAFSA website.
- Print your unofficial transcripts and *Deliver to McNair office
- Faculty recommendation from a faculty member willing to be your research mentor. Download faculty recommendation form here.
Faculty recommendation forms should be submitted by the recommending faculty member. If your recommending faculty member has any questions, have them contact our office at 227-2590. A review of all completed application packets is done by the McNair Scholars Selection Committee in November and applicants are informed of their application status in December.