Wildcat Willy makes an appearance at many on-campus and off-campus events. Priority for the use of Wildcat Willy at events is given to official university events before community events.
Please use this form to request Wildcat Willy, keeping in mind:
- Requests must be submitted at least 21 days prior to the date they are needed to ensure adequate time to coordinate between parties. If the request is submitted without 21 days notice, the university reserves the right to deny your request.
- NMU Athletics or University Marketing and Communications will contact you about your request. Listed below is when each department would provide Wildcat Willy respectively:
NMU Athletics will provide Wildcat Willy under these circumstances:
- At any other NMU or community event that aligns with the department’s goals, target audiences and availability.
- At any official university event, such as the homecoming parade, Wildcat Weekend, orientation, Fall Fest, etc.
- At any event related to NMU athletics.
University Marketing and Communications will provide Wildcat Willy under these circumstances:
- When an on-campus department requests Willy’s presence at a special event and the athletic department is unable to fulfill the request. The department must be able to provide a volunteer to wear the suit who will agree to NMU’s mascot guidelines.
- It is also strongly recommended that the department provide a handler for their volunteer in the mascot to help them get ready and navigate the event.
- For special marketing-related initiatives, such as handing out promotional items or giveaways on campus, or for capturing photo or video content to use for general NMU marketing.
- The use of Wildcat Willy will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis. If the mascot is already in use, we will deny any further inquiries on that date.
- Not all requests will be fulfilled.* You will be contacted via phone or email within 3 business days if we are able to provide Wildcat Willy per your request.
*The university reserves the right to deny requests if the event does not fit the institution’s goals or target audiences.