We want to know what a day in the life of a Wildcat is like, and we’re looking to you for help. Create a short video that highlights the unique experiences and opportunities Wildcats have while attending NMU.
- Be optimistic, have clean fun, and use your own unique voice. Show the adventure of being an NMU student!
- Help on video editing and production is allowed. Any costs incurred are the responsibility of video creators.
- Show what student life is like, which may be different for all students; where you study, student activities or organizations, class, research, dorms, living in Marquette. Be creative.
- Competition opens on Monday, September 2, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EST.
Video submission will close on Friday, November 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- 1st place: $300 Northern Michigan University Barnes & Noble gift card
- 2nd place: $200 Northern Michigan University Barnes & Noble gift card
- 3rd place: $100 Northern Michigan University Barnes & Noble gift card
*Winnings may be taxable.
- All currently-enrolled students (full-time, part-time) are welcome to participate. Enrollment will be verified before award decisions are made.
- Video content may not violate NMU’s Code of Conduct. In addition, videos containing footage of jumping off of Black Rocks, hammocking within Marquette city limits, having bonfires illegally, or trespassing on train tracks or other properties, or other unsafe or illegal acts, are not permitted.
- No footage that promotes selling.
- Use only original footage owned by you.
- Observe licensing regulations for audio.
- Videos should not exceed 5 minutes.
- Videos must be in .MP4 or .MOV format.
- Videos should be formatted in high definition (720p or 1080p).
- Videos should be shot horizontally (aspect ratio 16:9).
- Request permission explicitly from people you’d like to be in your video.
- Participants are responsible for obtaining permission for in-class recording or interviews in an appropriate and respectful manner. If permission is not granted from faculty, staff or other students you’d like to be in the video, do not include them.
- One submission per student or group. A group submission will have one point of contact, in which that individual’s submission is counted for.
- Videos must be submitted via Google Drive form.
- Winning participants may be asked to provide post-competition clarification, including video transcriptions or participant interviews.
- University Marketing and Communications may use or edit submitted videos for promotional purposes in marketing materials.
Not sure what "A Day in the Life of a Wildcat" means?
That's the thing - everyone's vlog will look different! For a little inspiration, check out Student Brand Ambassador Cheyenne's video about her first year as a Wildcat.
If you have additional questions, contact Allison Opheim (University Marketing and Communications Student Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org.