NMU offers Web site development assistance to members of the university community who create unit, departmental or other university Web pages. These services are offered through University Marketing and Communications. Specifically, we are responsible for:
- Planning and engaging the campus community in a cooperative effort to make effective use of the internet as a communications and marketing tool.
- Design of the university's "official Web site": the home page and other high-profile sites that include those organized for the recruitment of prospective students, the development of alumni and friends, and the informational benefit of current university students, employees and the greater university community.
- Establishing and maintaining up-to-date guidelines for publishing official and unofficial information on University-owned Internet servers.
- Providing for periodic review of the official Web pages.
Organizational units are responsible for creating and maintaining their own Web pages with the aid of the publication and editorial style guides. We can help ensure that your Web publications are accessible and follow NMU policies.
We can also help in migrating paper versions of departmental forms onto Web pages by:
- Converting documents produced by a desktop application (i.e. Microsoft™ Word) to Portable Document Format (PDF). Anyone with Adobe Acrobat Reader will then be able to view and print the document.
- Creating Web forms that can have submitted data sent to a valid NMU e-mail account or written to a database, spreadsheet or text file. A fee of $35 per hour is applied to the requesting department/unit account for this service.