Skip to content
- Northern Michigan University is a comprehensive state supported institution of approximately 9,500 students and 300 faculty located in the city of Marquette on the shores of Lake Superior. With a population of approximately 20,000, Marquette is the largest city in the Upper Peninsula and is a regional center of culture, commerce, and medicine. The area is strikingly beautiful and offers adventuresome outdoor activities in all seasons.
- The Mathematics and Computer Science department is located on the second floor of Jamrich Hall, which was newly constructed and reopened in 2014. Each classroom is a hands-on, interactive learning environment with the latest education advancements available.
- The Department offers undergraduates degrees in Mathematics, Mathematics Education (secondary and elementary), Computer Science, and Mobile and Web Application Development.
- There are about 200 undergraduates and 19 graduates enrolled in our programs.
- The Department employs 21 full-time faculty, two staff members, and as many as 12 adjunct instructors.
- Department faculty perform research in a variety of areas, which results in more than 50 scholarly publications each year.
- Our faculty are innovators in education and leaders in technology development and service.