3rd Annual UP High School Math Challenge
left to right: Skip Gast, Matt Schulz, Samir Nooshabadi, Daniel Gershenson, Dr. John Kiltinen
Eighty-five students on twenty-two teams from seven Upper Peninsula high schools participated in the Third Annual Upper Peninsula High School Math Challenge.
Teams participated from the following schools:
- Munising High And Middle School, Munising Public Schools, Alger County, Michigan
- Escanaba Area Public High School, Escanaba Area Public Schools, Delta County, Michigan
- Houghton Central High School, Houghton-Portage Township Schools, Houghton County, Michigan
- Lake Linden-Hubbell High School, Lake Linden-Hubbell School District, Houghton County, Michigan
- Newberry High School, Tahquamenon Area Schools, Luce County, Michigan
- Ishpeming High School, Ishpeming Public School District, Marquette County, Michigan
- Marquette Senior High School, Marquette Area Public Schools, Marquette County, Michigan
This is a record for all three of the following: student participation, team participation, and school participation.
The first place team was Houghton 1 from Houghton Central High School.
The second place team was Dodecahedron from Marquette Senior High School.
The third place team was Munising A from Munising High And Middle School.
The first place individual winner was Daniel Gershenson from Houghton 1.
The second place individual winner was Matt Schulz from Houghton 1.
The third place individual winner was Kori Baij from Munising A.