CS101 WEB SITE CONSTRUCTION (4 Cr.)
Applies toward the division V liberal studies requirement
Offered: Fall, Winter
This class covers all facets of web site construction, from the creation of a web site's content to the use of HTML and CSS Style Sheets. Audio, video and 3D graphic formats will be explored. Legal issues will be covered. This class is designed for students of all majors.
This class will cover several topics.
- Creating the content of web sites, including text and graphics.
- Advanced media such as 3-D graphics, moving video (avi, mpeg, etc.), and sound files.
- Site construction issues, such as links and index pages.
- Legal issues, including trademark law, copyright law and fair use.
- Measurements of web activity. Hit, page view, and outgoing bandwidth will all be defined.
- Technical issues including HTML tags and network architecture will be covered.
Database access and other database activity.