Languages, Literatures and International Studies
Starting September 2nd, language tutoring is available virtually and in the Language Resource Center in Harden Hall 111i. Check out our fall tutoring schedule for opportunities to meet with our language tutors in-person and through Zoom. We offer tutoring in American Sign Language (ASL), Chinese, French, German, Russian, and Spanish.
Knowing a language opens exciting career opportunities. Our graduates are employed in government positions and non-government organizations; education; finance and marketing firms; international business consulting; travel and tourism; public relations; publishing; and many other fields.
For beginners, a sequence of four courses gets students swiftly to the point where they can study abroad and be immersed in their language. Students are encouraged to study abroad for at least one semester in any of our programs in more than 30 countries. Advanced students will delve deeper into the subtleties of language. Students seeking teacher certification also take education classes, have field experiences and a semester of student teaching. Interactive teaching and learning take students far beyond books and classrooms.
- Certification of Advanced Study in German
- Certification of Advanced Study in French
- Certification of Advanced Study in Spanish
- Certification of Basic Study in Chinese
- Certification of Basic Study in French
- Certification of Basic Study in German
- Certification of Basic Study in Russian
- Certification of Basic Study in Spanish
- Certification of Intermediate Study in French
- Certification of Intermediate Study in German
- Certification of Intermediate Study in Spanish
Languages, Literatures and International Studies•firstname.lastname@example.org•906-227-2940
If you have college credit and want to find out what will transfer to NMU, please visit www.nmu.edu/transfercredit