Credential Evaluations

Obtaining a credential evaluation

In addition to your official transcripts, we require external evaluation of credits for all non-U.S colleges or universities.  Some Canadian schools, International Baccalaureate programs and American high schools abroad do not require a credit evaluation.  Please contact the Admissions Office if you have attended one of the above institutions to see if you qualify for an exception.

Below is a list of the different credential evaluators that you may use. Please select one of the following organizations. You are required to submit all documents (transcripts/certificates etc..) and payments these organizations require to perform the evaluation.

  1. Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) - Please read the instructions on the ECE form carefully. A "Course-by-Course" report --or equivalent--must be selected. ($140) (NMU will notify you if a subject analysis report is needed to determine transfer credit.)
  2. World Education Services (WES) - Select the "ICAP Course by Course" report ($205)
    The WES ICAP service allows applicants to submit their official educational documents only once--to WES. NMU would then receive the verified documents from WES.
  3. North American Educational Group (NAEG) - Select the "Detailed Course by Course" report ($135)

     4.  Educational Perspectives - Select the "Detailed Course by Course" report ($135)

If you have any questions about the credential evaluation requirement or need further assistance, please contact us at