Northern Michigan University faculty members are making a greater collective effort than ever before to incorporate global learning into all facets of the NMU learning experience. International Programs can assist you in achieving this goal in a number of ways, including the following:
- Working with you to develop a faculty-led study abroad program or course.
- Meeting with your department to discuss ideas for international curricula for your area.
- Sharing contacts in many countries around the world.
- Establishing agreements with overseas institutions.
- Keeping you and your department up to date on world issues, including travel- and health-related advisories.
How else can we help? Contact International Programs at 906-227-2510, or make an appointment to visit us at 2101 Hedgcock.
If you are a visiting international faculty member or speaker, welcome to Northern Michigan University and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! Please let us know if we can be of assistance during your stay.
International Travel Registration Form
NMU faculty and staff traveling abroad (including Canada) on behalf of the university must complete the online International Travel Registration process prior to departure. In accordance with the university's risk management procedures, travel plans are subject to approval. Funds pertaining to international travel cannot be disbursed until a Travel Registration has been submitted online and approved by the supervisor/department head. If you have any questions about the International Travel Registration process or the related policy, please contact the International Programs office at 227-2510.