Click on the language below to complete the ELI application in other languages:
1. Apply - Complete the ELI (ESL) Application. NMU accepts applications at any time all year whenever they are sent, but please see our recommended deadlines.
2. Submit high school/university transcript, which lists courses, semester hours, and grades. Transcripts must be translated into English.
3. Write a letter of application (in English). This is on page 3 of the ELI Application.
4. Provide Certification of Finances. The Certification of Finances form is on page 4 and page 5 of the ELI Application.
5. Copy of your passport - please provide a copy of your passport to make sure we enter your name correctly on your immigration document.
Please send all materials to:
Northern Michigan University
International Programs Office
1401 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855 USA
Telephone: +1 906-227-2510
Fax: +1 906-227-2533
E-Ship Global - Shipping documents to/from Northern Michigan University
Northern Michigan University Degree-seeking Application
Students intending to enroll in a degree program at NMU in the fall or winter semester must formally apply to the university with a separate application. Please review the university’s undergraduate or graduate international student application procedures.
Proud members of the American Association of Intensive English Programs