Let's TaLK! Are you ready for a fresh challenge? Get ready to make a positive, meaningful impact on international education while exploring the rich culture of Korea!
Teach and Learn in Korea (TaLK) is a Korean government-sponsored teaching and service-learning scholarship program that enhances public English education in rural schools. NMU is an "MOU" university - which gives you preferred status when you apply through the NMU International Programs Office.
Why should I TaLK?
- Offer an invaluable service to a rural community
- Learn about the history and culture of Korea
- Explore opportunities for your future career
- Discover your skills and talents
- Build life-long international networks
What are the duties?
- Teach English as a second language for 15 hours a week in the after-school program of a rural elementary school
- Design lesson plans and create teaching materials
- Assist with activities related to English language education
What are the benefits?
- Round-trip airfare
- Health Insurance
- One-month training to develop teaching skills
- Vacation leave
- Opportunities for cultural experiences
- Government scholarship certificate
- Monthly stipend
Who is eligible?
- Bachelor's degree candidates who have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study
- Associate degree recipients
- Recent 4-year college graduates and graduate students
How long is the program?
- 6 months or one year, starting every February and August