On Campus Employment

Chef working International students are not allowed to work off-campus unless they have prior approval from International Programs and/or USCIS.

1. On-campus employment

F1 students are eligible to work on campus for 20 hours per week during school and 40 hours per week during school breaks. Students must be in status and pursuing a full course of study.

Once you have an on campus job offer you will need to apply for a Social Security Number. You will need a letter for your supervisor stating your begin date and job responsibilities and then contact Angela Maki for an additional letter and the Social Security application. 

Employment ends on the Form I-20's end date, actual completion of program, or a student transfers to another institution.

2. Severe economic hardship (off-campus employment)

The application is mailed to a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Processing Center by the Office of International Programs.

3. Optional Practical Training (OPT) (off-campus employment)

The application is mailed to a USCIS Processing Center by International Programs.

4. Curricular Practical Training (CPT) (Internships)

CPT is approved by International Programs once all information is provided.