Obtaining a credential evaluation
In addition to your official transcripts, we require external evaluation of credits for all non-U.S colleges or universities. Some Canadian schools, International Baccalaureate programs and American high schools abroad do not require a credit evaluation. Please contact the Admissions Office if you have attended one of the above institutions to see if you qualify for an exception.
Below is a list of the different credential evaluators that you may use. Please select one of the following organizations. You are required to submit all documents (transcripts/certificates etc..) and payments these organizations require to perform the evaluation.
Credential Evaluation Report and Transcripts - Only one credential evaluation is required.
1. Education Credential Evaluators (ECE): This service allows applicants to submit their official educational documents only once--to ECE. NMU would then receive the verified documents from ECE along with the credential evaluation. Select the "course by course report" ($160)
2. World Education Service (WES): Students may elect to order the WES ICAP service. This service allows applicants to submit their official educational documents only once--to WES. NMU would then receive the verified documents from WES along with the credential evaluation. Select the "course by course report with ICAP" ($205)
3. SpanTran: Students should use the NMU application linked here ($150).
4. Other approved evaluators may be considered if part of NACES.
*Students may choose which NACES-approved evaluator they want to use. Here is some information to consider:
- SpanTran can start the evaluation with an emailed copy of your transcripts while they wait for the official documents to arrive. They complete their evaluation in 5 business days (once all required documents have been received).
- WES is the most expensive option and typically takes longer than other options, but usually gives the most generous U.S. grade and credit equivalency recommendations.