The Institutional Research Office at Northern Michigan University serves to provide comprehensive and accurate information that reflects the characteristics and experiences of the student body, faculty, and staff. The IR office is committed to quality, efficiency, innovation, and service.
With a focus on integrity, respect, accuracy, and service, the Institutional Research office strives to provide information for decision-making, focused on improving the quality and experience for NMU students and campus community members.
- We provide accurate and reliable data to our many consumers of information on campus.
- We employ well-designed and clearly documented processes to ensure quality in all we do.
- We strive for efficiency by leveraging technology, streamlining processes, and reducing waste.
- We focus on professional development and a model of continuous learning in order to continue to serve the NMU campus in better ways.
- We are creative and innovative and embrace risk as an opportunity for learning and growth.
- We are always focused on the protection of data and the safety of students, faculty, and staff.