The Information Technology Department is made up of three areas: Information Services, Technical Services and Telecom Services.
Business Intelligence and Information Services: Responsible for supporting the university’s ERP (enterprise resource planning), CRM (customer relationship management) and LMS (learning management) systems and other purchased systems and for developing software applications that supplement these systems. BIIS also provides centralized reporting services.
- Application development and custom programming
- Banner (ERP) system support
- Mobile Applications
- Third-party software implementation and support
- Mass e-mail for targeted audiences
- Database administration
- System interfacing
- Test scoring services
- Document imaging
- Customer Relationship Management
Technical Services: Responsible for supporting the university’s telephone and voice mail systems and their related peripheral equipment.
- Data networking and operations
- Network security
- Campus and beyond wireless network implementation and support
- Network connectivity and services
- Telecommunications infrastructure
- Systems programming and operations
- Data center hardware infrastructure and support
- Data center operations
- E-mail services
- Software system technical support
Telecom Services: Responsible for supporting the university’s hardware and wired and wireless network infrastructure and for operating the university’s Help Desk and Micro Repair operations.
- STARS (telecom billing)
- Telecom help desk (ext. 1995)
- Installation and repair of telephones
- Local and long-distance phone service
- Network port installation and repair
- Voicemail services
- Automated Attendants, Call Centers, Telecom consulting