Status Change - Married

Be sure to call the Human Resources office (227-2470) within 30 days of the marriage so we may schedule a brief benefits appointment with you.  You must provide the HR Department with a copy of your marriage license and the Social Security Number of your spouse and any new dependents. 

It is important to add your new spouse (and new dependents) within 30 days of the marriage otherwise you must wait to add them during the next open enrollment period. 

Things to consider:

  • Add spouse (and  new dependents) to medical coverage?
  • Add spouse (and new dependents) to dental and/or vision coverage?
  • Add dependent life coverage?
  • Update beneficiary information?
  • Change tax exemption status
  • Update address and phone number, if applicable
  • Change name? You must present new social security card to HR before change can be made.
  • Change contributions to:
    • Tax-deferred annuity
    • Flexible Spending Account (if enrolled)
    • Dependent Care Spending Account (if enrolled)