Status Change-Divorce

Be sure to call the Human Resources office (227-2470) within 60 days of the divorce and we will schedule a brief appointment to meet with you. You will need to provide the HR Department  a copy of the court document stamped with the effective date of the divorce.  All insurance coverages on your spouse (and dependents, if applicable) terminate effective with the date of divorce. 

It is important that you notify Human Resources about the divorce within 60 days of.  Failure to provide notification within 60 days may result in responsiblity for any expenses incurred by your ex-spouse or ex-dependents after the date of divorce.

Things to consider:

  • Change insurance coverage (health, dental & vision)?
  • Change your dependent life coverage?
  • Update beneficiary information?
  • Update your address and phone number, if applicable
  • Change tax exemption status
  • Change contributions to:
    • Tax-deferred annuity
    • Flexible Spending Account (if enrolled)
    • Dependent Care Spending Account (if enrolled)