Status Change - Death Of Spouse Or Child

Be sure to notify the Human Resources office (227-2470) as soon as you are able but no longer than 30 days from the date of death.  

Things to consider:

  • Provide death certificates where required.
  • Remove spouse or dependent from medical, dental and/or vision coverage.
  • If previously covered by your spouse, enroll in your own coverages, if eligible.
  • Make necessary changes to life insurance coverage.
  • Change beneficiary information on life, retirement, and other applicable documents.
  • Tax exemption changes
  • Change contributions to:
    • Tax-deferred annuity
    • Flexible Spending Account (if enrolled)
    • Dependent Care Spending Account (if enrolled)