Northern Michigan University has partnered with The Hartford to provide group term life insurance to employees (20 hours or more per week).
- Employee Group Life Insurance
- Benefit Guide
- Group Life Insurance Enrollment/Beneficiary Form
- Benefit Highlights
- Employee Beneficiary Designation Guide
- Portability and Conversion of life insurance following separation of employment
- Business Travel Accident (BTA) Insurance
HARTFORD Value Added Services (effective 10/01/2019)
There are some life conversations that no one wants to have - especially when it involves planning for financial matters, insurance needs, making end-of-life decisions or planning for the loss of a loved one.
As part of your life and long-term disability insurance plan with The Hartford, you have access to value-added services, designed to help you and your loved ones make more informed decisions. Services include:
- Funeral Planning and Concierge Services provides a suite of online tools to guide you through key decisions before a loss, including help comparing funeral-related costs. After a loss, this service includes family advocacy and professional negotiation of funeral prices with local providers—often resulting in significant financial savings.
For more information on Funeral Planning and Concierge Services:
Use Code: HFEVLC
- Beneficiary Assist Counseling Services offers compassionate expertise to help you or your beneficiaries (those you name in your policy) cope with emotional, financial and legal issues that arise after a loss. Includes unlimited phone contact with a counselor, attorney or financial planner for up to a year, and five face-to-face sessions.
For more information on Beneficiary Assist® Counseling Services, call 1-800-411-7239.
- EstateGuidance Will Services helps you protect your family’s future by creating a will online—backed by online support from licensed attorneys. Your will is customized and legally binding.
For more information on EstateGuidance® Will Services:
Use Code: WILLHLF
- Travel Assistance with ID Theft Protection includes pre-trip information to help you feel more secure while traveling. It can also help you access medical professionals across the globe for medical assistance when traveling 100+ miles away from home for 90 days or less when unexpected detours arise. The ID theft services are available to you and your family at home or when you travel.
For more information on Travel Assistance Services or ID Theft Services:
Call from United States: 1-800-243-6108
Call collect from other locations: 202-828-5885
Travel Assistance Identification Number: GLD-09012
You’ll be asked to provide your employer’s name, a phone number where you can be reached, nature of the problem, Travel Assistance Identification Number, and your company policy number which can be obtained through your Human Resources/Personnel department.
If you have a serious medical emergency, please obtain emergency medical services first, and then contact Europ Assistance USA for follow-up