December 9, 2016
BENEFIT ENHANCEMENTS PRESENTATION
As many of you are already aware, beginning January 1, 2017, several new benefit enhancements to our prescription drug, health, and vision plans will become effective. In an effort to help you better understand these enhancements, several informational presentations have been scheduled in the University Center on the following dates:
Thursday, December 8th at 12 noon in the Erie Room
Tuesday, December 13th at 12 noon in the Erie Room
In the event that you missed the presentation, or would like to review the information covered, please refer to the PowerPoint presentation and contact us with any questions that you may have.
December 6, 2016
Faculty and staff should be aware that important information from CVS Caremark and EyeMed Vision will be sent to home addresses in late December. Both plans become effective on January 1st, 2017.
The CVS Caremark Welcome Kit will include prescription drug cards and will be mailed on December 20th, and you should receive the kit within 5-7 business days.
If you do not have your CVS card on January 1st and you need a script filled, employees have several options:
- Visit caremark.com to print a temporary card.You will need to first register on the site and use your SSN when prompted for your benefit ID card number.
- Call Customer Care at 800-378-7989 to obtain your ID number.This assists the pharmacist and is used with the temporary ID card.
- Visit your pharmacy and ask the pharmacy staff to call the CVS Caremark Pharmacy Help Desk to verify your benefits. Your pharmacy will have the number to call.
The EyeMed Welcome Kit will also be mailed to home addresses in late December. The kit will include your vision ID cards. Remember to bring your ID card with you when visiting your vision provider.
If you do not have your EyeMed card on January 1st and you need it for vision services (exam, contacts, glasses), you may give your name and date of birth to your provider and they will look you up in the EyeMed system.
Please contact Human Resources at x2470 if you have any questions.
October 27, 2016
ANNUAL OPEN ENROLLMENT
November 7 thru November 14
If you are currently enrolled in the NMU health plan, dental, and vision plans you are automatically enrolled in the plans each year. If you are not enrolled, this is your opportunity to do. It is also the time to enroll (or remove) a spouse or dependent(s) who is not currently covered. If you do not wish to make any changes to the number of family members covered under these plans, you need do nothing.
In addition, you will need to determine if you would like to enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s). Annual enrollment is required for FSA participation! This is also your chance to purchase additional life insurance.
The enrollment period pertains to the following plans:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s) - * ONLINE ENROLLMENT VIA MyNMU * Plans are administered by takecare WageWorks®. Your pre-tax dollars are used to pay for eligible medical expenses not covered by insurance and to help with the cost of care for eligible children (under age 13) or aging parents while you are at work. You will need to enroll or re-enroll for 2017 in order to participate and take advantage of tax savings!
- Health/Rx Coverage - Coverage in the NMU Blue Cross Blue Shield Community Blue plan effective January 1, 2017, including Rx coverage from CVS Caremark
- Dental - Coverage in the Blue Cross dental plan
- Vision - Coverage in the EyeMed vision plan
- Supplemental life insurance - Your chance to purchase additional life insurance with Voya Financial