Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Northern Michigan University
Northern Center Grand Ballroom
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
The Wildcat Wellness Health Fair is held each year on the second Tuesday in February from 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. in the Northern Center Grand Ballroom on the Northern Michigan University (NMU) campus. This free annual event is open to the entire campus community to promote healthy behaviors among NMU students, staff, and faculty. The event includes various health screenings, information and resources on a wide range of topics, food samples, prizes, volunteering opportunities, and take-home items.
The fair is a project of the Health Promotion Society, an organization devoted to promoting health and wellness on the campus and in the surrounding community.
Examples of previous exhibits:
- Blood typing/blood pressure screens
- Diabetes education and prevention
- Healthy eating
- Hearing screening
- HIV prevention and screening
- Organ donation registration
- Recreation benefits information
- Safe driving
- Spiritual health
- Sport and physical activity related injury evaluation
- Suicide prevention and mental health information
- Tobacco cessation and substance abuse
- A variety of questionnaires and risk assessments
For more information, contact Matt Kilgas at 227-2534 or firstname.lastname@example.org