Health and Human Performance
At NMU, you’ll receive the perfect mix of fundamental theory and hands-on learning, all wrapped up in our unique learning environment. You’ll work closely with expert faculty in our excellent educational facilities and outstanding natural areas, conduct real-life research and have the opportunity to intern with local, regional and national organizations. You can attend symposiums and conferences and may even end up presenting your own work.
Our graduates work in schools, health clubs, state and national parks, federal agencies, corporations, cardiac rehab clinics, hospitals and universities, to name a few. Graduates from our pre-professional program, Sports Science, successfully go on to graduate degrees such as medicine, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. Students graduating from majors in the School of Health and Human Performance are competitive in the job market due to the opportunity for nationally recognized professional certifications.
- Clinical Exercise Science Minor
- Community Health Minor
- Emergency Medical Services Minor
- Food, Environment and Society Minor
- Interpretation and Outdoor Education Minor
- Nutrition Minor
- Outdoor Recreation Minor
- Physical Education - Coaching Minor
- Sport and Fitness Management Minor
- Sport Performance and Fitness Leadership Minor
- Sports Science Cluster Minor
- Wildland Firefighting (currently not accepting students)
School of Health and Human Performance•firstname.lastname@example.org•906-227-2130If you have college credit and want to find out what will transfer to NMU, please visit www.nmu.edu/transfercredit