Our primary purpose is to provide the community with a health care opportunity that specializes in the evaluation and primary treatment of sport and physical activity related injuries. In Partnership with NMU Athlectic Training Program and U.P. Rehab Services. To schedule appointment, call 227-2174 or email email@example.com. Appointments strongly encouraged, but walk-in appointments welcome.
View us on Facebook.
The clinic is located in suite 226 of the Physical Education Instructional Facility (PEIF), which is found between the Superior Dome and the Berry Events Center at the corner of Fair and Presque Isle Avenues.
Phone: (906) 227-2174.
Fall 2019 Schedule-August 26 - December 5, 2019*
Mondays: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*The clinic is closed when classes are not in session due to cancellations or scheduled academic breaks.
Closed November 25-29, 2019, Thanksgiving Recess
Appointments strongly encouraged. To request an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 227-2174. Walk-ins also welcome.
- Full-time Students: $10 for initial visit, $5 for returning visit. Must have current, valid NMU ID.
- NMU full-time faculty, staff, and family members with NMU health insurance: No out of pocket expense.
- NMU Adjunct Instructors: $50 initial visit, $25 for return visits. Cash or check only.
- NMU Alumni Association Members: $50 initial visit, $25 for return visits. Cash or check only.
- Community: $50 initial visit, $25 for return visits. Cash or check only.
What We Treat
- Just about anything that is musculoskeletal in nature
- Pre & post orthopedic surgery cases (ACL reconstruction, joint replacement, arthroscopy, etc.)
What We Don't Treat
- Surgical complications
- Long-term rehabilitation
- Chronic disease and illness
- Primary injury treatment & evaluation
- Injury rehabilitation (including orthopedic post-surgical rehab)
- Home exercise care plans
- Athletic taping and bracing
- Information on physician care and outpatient physical rehabilitation services related to sport injury effective for presenting to primary care physician upon referral.
- Clinic Supervisor - Julie Rochester, Ed.D., Northern Michigan University Associate Professor, ATC, (Athletic Trainer Certified)
- Clinic Staff - Nicole Coleman, U.P. Rehab Services, MS, ATC, Courtney LaFreniere, ATC; Katie Pryor, ATC; Heather Jacques, ATC
- Dr. Chris Kirkpatrick, M.D., NMU Student Health Center