- 2017 Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES)
- 2015 PRIME Grant Award
- 2017 PRIME Grant Award
- 2012-2013 NMU Innovation in Technology Award along with Professor Patti Hogan for high level use of technology resulting in excellent learning and professional development opportunities for School of Health and Human Performance students..
- Outstanding Michigan College/University Teacher of the Year Award at the Michigan Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance annual meeting Nov. 16-17 in Traverse City.
- 2009 TLC Award for integrating innovative technological tools into her programming in her health/fitness class. These include a wiki and a YouTube real-time case study, in which local business Superior Fitness was the case company. She encourages her students to become lifelong, self-directed learners and teachers, with an emphasis on critical and creative thinking.
- 2006 TLC Award for exemplary use of the laptop computer in the classroom. This award is designed to recognize essential uses of the laptop or associated technologies in support of the university’s mission and vision. As a result many of Dr. Hogan’s students have been invited to present projects at professional conferences.
- 2004 Excellence in Teaching Award
- 1993-94 Adviser of the Year
- 2012-2013 NMU Innovation in Technology Award along with Professor Patti Hogan for high level use of technology resulting in excellent learning and professional development opportunities for School of Health and Human Performance students.
- Life Member Award from the International Society of Biomechanics in Sports at the annual meeting in 2017
- 2016 PRIME Grant Award
- 2012 NMU Distinguished Faculty Award in recognition of the significant professional contributions to NMU and his professional area.
- 2007 Excellence in Professional Development Award for a sustained record of exemplary research and scholarship, the public dissemination of new knowledge and the facilitation of student scholarship
- Fellow of American College of Sports Medicine
- Fellow of International Society of Biomechanics in Sports
- 2014 Inducted into Michigan Athletic Trainers' Society Hall of Fame
- 2011 Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association (GLATA) Golden Pinnacle Award to recognize those members who have provided outstanding leadership to the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association. This is the highest honor for a District IV/GLATA member.
- 2011 Elected as National Athletic Trainer's Association (NATA) District 4 Director. District includes Ill., Ind., Mich., Minn., Ohio, and Wisc.
- 2007 Excellence in Teaching Award for the creation of safe and open learning environment and enthusiasm for teaching and learning and a consistently high quality of subject matter presented.
- 2007 Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association Dedicated Service Award
- 2006 Paving the Way - GLATA Celebrates 40 years of Women in Athletic Training Award
- 2005 Michigan Athletic Trainers Society Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award
- 2004 GLATA Captain of the Great Lakes Award
Mary Jane Tremethick
- 2012 Elected to the National Board of Directors for the American Association for Health Education (AAHE)
- 2012 Named a Fellow of the American Association for Health Education (AAHE). AAHE is the oldest and largest professional association for health educators. Tremethick has demonstrated leadership at the state, district and national level. She joins 124 AAHE Fellows nationwide.
- 2011 Distinguished Faculty Award in recognition of the significant professional contributions to NMU and her professional area
- 2009 Midwest District Scholar Award for the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. The Midwest District Scholar Award recognizes one professional annually “with an outstanding record of scholarly publications and presentations and active service to health, physical education, recreation, dance, and/or sport.” The Midwest District includes health, physical education and recreation professionals in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Dr. Tremethick's primary area of research is community health, with a focus on meeting the health promotion needs of older adults.
- 2009 Michigan Campus Compact Faculty/Staff Community Service Learning Award. Dr. Tremethick was a co-recipient of this award with Professor Eileen Smit. Both were recognized for their excellence in programming in their HL/NE 386 Interdisciplinary Study in Global Health Care-Honduras course. This service learning course immerses students in the Honduran culture while also providing service learning opportunities.
- 2008 College Leader of the Year Award for the Michigan Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. The College Leader of the Year Award recognizes one health, physical education and recreation professional in Michigan annually for their excellence in teaching and contributions to the profession in leadership and service.
- 2006 NMU Excellence in Teaching Award for her dedication to serving populations in need of disease-prevention and health-promotion services and for sharing her enthusiasm for the community health educator profession with her students.
- 2005 NMU Excellence in Professional Development Award.
- 2000 NMU Peter White Scholar award.
- 1999 Michigan Association of Governing Boards (MAGB) Distinguished Faculty Award.
- 1992 NMU Distinguished Faculty Award.
- 1990 Elected to Fellowship status - American College of Sports Medicine.